KwaZulu-Natal Herbarium: Visitor Information
Where to find us
The KwaZulu-Natal Herbarium is located adjacent to the Durban Botanical Gardens, on the corner of Botanic Gardens and St Thomas Roads, Berea, Durban.
Download Map: Where to find Us.
See Overview for more Contact Information.
Monday - Friday 08h00 -16h30
- Parking is available on the property of the herbarium
- Access to plant driers is available on request
- The library is housed in the herbarium building. Visitors are required to work with the library material at the herbarium
- A photocopier is available for use and rates per page apply
Guidelines for using the collection
- Please make an appointment ahead of time to ensure the appropriate staff member will be available for your visit
- On arrival at the herbarium please check in with the receptionist and sign the visitors book
- You are expected to prepare your own specimens and to discard material not for use
- To prevent accidental infestation, all incoming dried material must be submitted for deep freezing 72 hours prior to its use
- Items such as specimens, books, equipment, photographs and artwork should not be removed without permission
- Place specimens carefully one above the other and do not flip them over like the pages in a book