National Implementing Entity (NIE) Partners, Networks and Resources
A core principle of the NIE has been to engage widely across a broad spectrum of stakeholders in the establishment of the NIE and project development processes. This principle will extend to the implementation of the two projects approved by the Adaptation Fund.
Further information is available on:
- Partners & Networks
- uMngeni Resilience Project partners
- Small Grants Facility project partners
- Media and communications
Partners & Networks
Below is a list of partners with which the NIE has worked and networks which the NIE has drawn on during the establishment of the NIE and development of the project proposals. This is by no means intended to be an exhaustive list of those active in the field of climate change adaptation. For a more extensive list, please consult the Adaptation Network website.
uMngeni Resilience Project partners
Below is a list of Executing Entities and sub-Executing Entities involved in the implementation of the project. A comprehensive list of other project partners and all those consulted in the project development process can be found in the full project proposal and annexes.
- uMgungundlovu District Municipality
- uMngeni Water
- Kishugu Public Benefit Organisation
- Built Environment Support Group
- Department of Environmental Affairs: Natural Resource Management
- Wildlife and Environment Society of South Africa
Small Grants Facility project partners
Below is a list of Executing Entities, Facilitating Agencies and lead municipalities involved in the implementation of the project. A comprehensive list of other project partners and all those consulted in the project development process can be found in the full project proposal and annexes.
- Conservation South Africa
- Namakwa District Municipality
- Mopani District Municipality
- uMngeni Resilience Project full proposal
- uMngeni Resilience Project annexes
- Small Grants Facility full proposal
- Small Grants Facility annexes
- NIE Investment Policies and Processes Manual (including Investment Framework, Grievance Procedures and Project Concept Application Process)
- Report on NIE Stakeholder Workshop October 2012
- White Paper on Climate Change
- EbA booklet and paper
Climate change science resources
- Long Term Adaptation Scenarios (LTAS)
- Analysis of downscaled climate model results for the areas of Mopani and Namakwa, South Africa, at the district municipality scale (prepared by ACDI)
- Climate change vulnerability study of the uMgungundlovu District Municipality (prepared by Golder & Associates)
Adaptation Fund Resources
KWAZULU-NATAL HERBARIUM CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
from 1 February to 31 October 2017.