Assistant Director: Labour Relations (Permanent position)
Salary Level:: 10
Directorate/Project: Human Resources Division
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires a matured, professional and committed individual to promote harmonious workplace relations and sound employment practices in accordance with relevant labour legislation and the SANBI’s policies and procedures.
A Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Labour Relations or any relevant qualification enhanced by at least five years’ working experience in a labour relations environment. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of South African labour legislation, a strong employee relations focus and exposure to CCMA proceedings, further enhanced by excellent communication skills (verbal and written), proven ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality, sound analytical and problem solving skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office. A valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s license plus one one year driving experience and willingness to travel extensively.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Provide Labour Relations advice and train Line managers in the overall effectiveness of the Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- Serve as an Employee Relations expert, providing guidance and conducting comprehensive investigations for all complex and escalated issues or those representing significant risk to the Institute.
- Ensure healthy working relationships and engagement with the relevant recognized Trade Unions.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review relevant Labour Relations policies, procedures and systems.
- Analyze data and trends and make recommendations to management to mitigate risks.
- Facilitate, coordinate and implement the SANBI’s Employment Equity Plan.
- Competently represent the Institute at the CCMA.
SANBI offers a salary of R389 145 per annum and additional fringe benefits, which include attractive medical and pension schemes.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A skills test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Stephen Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to email@example.com or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Assistant Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.