Auxiliary Services Officer (Permanent position)
Salary Level: 03
Directorate/Project: Corporate Services Division
The South African National Biodiversity Institute requires a hardworking and self-motivated individual to provide administrative support and messenger services to the Corporate Services Division and the Pretoria National Botanical Garden.
The successful candidate should be in a possession of a Grade 10 enhanced by 2-5 years’ administration experience as well as messenger experience. A Grade 12 certificate is an added advantage. The incumbent should be able to read, write and speak in English and any official language. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team and must have knowledge of MS Office package. A valid Code B driver’s licence with at least one year practical driving experience is essential.
The appointee will be responsible for:
Provide effective and efficient office administration
• Provide effective messenger support services
• Assist with reception duties
• Customer services
• Comply with the Health and Safety principles and policies
SANBI offers a salary of R100 545 per annum and additional fringe benefits, which include attractive medical and pension schemes.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to email@example.com or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.