Deputy Director: Corporate Services (Permanent position)
Salary Level: 11
Directorate/Project: Corporate Services
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires a professional and committed appointee who will render strategic administrative and management support in the office of the Chief Corporate Officer.
Prospective applicants must be in possession of a recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent qualification. Five (5) or more years of experience in Facilities Management of which 2 to 3 years should be at a management level. Five (5) years’ experience in project management. Registration with the Institute of Risk Management and accreditation with the South Africa Facilities Management Accreditation (SAFMA) will be an added advantage.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Provide property and facilities management support to SANBI.
- Provide administrative support and contract management services in the office of the Chief Corporate Officer (CCO)
- Provide risk management and liaison support services
- Provide commercial operations and financial support services
- Human Capital development and transformation
- Implement and drive change and transformation
The successful applicant must have excellent communication skills (including both spoken and written command of English) and be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). As the incumbent will be required to travel extensively, a valid Code B driver’s license is essential.
SANBI offers an all-inclusive remuneration package of R612 822 per annum.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A skills test and competency assessment will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Steve Mahlangu on 012 843 5217 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Assistant Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.