Finance Manager: Foreign Donor Funded Projects (Contract position)
Salary Level: 12
Directoratet: Climate Change Adaptation
SANBI is seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to manage financial risks and undertake the financial management and reporting functions on a contract for a period of 5 years as the Finance Manager: Foreign Donor Funded Projects.
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to manage financial and economic risks and undertake the financial management and reporting functions for the Foreign Donor Funded Projects of the Global Adaptation Fund and the Green Climate Fund in accordance with the requirements of the Funds, and in support of SANBI’s functions as an Accredited Entity of these funds.
This appointment requires the candidate to be in possession of a three year tertiary qualification in Financial Management with 10 years’ experience in budgeting and costing in an environment that is similar to that envisaged for the position. It is also essential that the successful candidate has experience in project management, financial reporting, management of contracts, grant agreements, coordinating and hosting audits, preparing audits statements and has an understanding of and experience working with public funds. It would be advantageous to have an understanding of NGO sector structures and functioning, experience with supply chain and financial management processes in the public sector.
The successful candidate should have excellent spoken and written command of English as well as good organisational, coordination, interpersonal and teamwork skill and experience in MS Office. Possession of a valid Code B/EB driver's license with at least one year's driving experience is compulsory.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Establish and maintain an effective financial governance and financial reporting system;
- Manage financial risks associated with the Foreign Donor Funded Projects;
- Ensure that Projects are compliant with relevant SANBI operational policies;
- Oversee the financial management of the Foreign Donor Funded Projects;
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual salary package of R726 276.00.
- An application form (obtainable from our Offices or SANBI website www.sanbi.org must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Glynnis Webb on 021 799 8635/8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if further information is required.
Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.