Technician (Permanent position)
Salary Level: 07
Directorate/Project: Biosystematics and Collections
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for an efficient and enthusiastic individual to provide support to the e-Flora of South Africa project and to accurately document all associated information into a database.
The position requires the candidate to have a BSc in a biological field that included botany as a component/module. A minimum of 2 years’ experience that includes taxonomy, taxonomic research and herbarium processes is required. The incumbent must have a good command of spoken and written English, and have experience in MS Office.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- e-Flora support
- Herbarium processes (curation)
- Scientific information compilation
- Scientific services
SANBI offers an annual salary of R 211 194.00 and additional fringe benefits.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Mr Mzekelo Mpatani on 012 843 5229 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Director - Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.